Re: Brass bolt for top cap on secondary to secure toroid (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:50:18 -0500
From: Daniel Hess <dhess1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Brass bolt for top cap on secondary to secure toroid (fwd)

John;

Personally, I wouldn't take a chance by introducing a path in to the
inside of the secondary coil. There is so much nylon hardware easily
available, affordable, that I wouldn't justify taking the risk.

One problem with internal arcing is that you may not realize it's
happening until substantial damage has occurred. By then it may be beyond
saving. Even if you are able to detect it in time, tearing down / opening
up the coil is a lot of extra work.

There are probably many who have done it in the manner you suggest and
have gotten away with it so far (knock, knock, knock) but there are so
many things that can go wrong, my philosophy is; why risk it?

Good luck.

P.S. I could not link to the two photo sites you gave; They loaded
successfully but I got blank pages.

Daniel Hess