Re: coupling (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:18:17 -0600
From: Gerry  Reynolds <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: coupling (fwd)

Hi Mike

I'm challaging the traditional concept of getting as close to the secondary
without having racing arcs.

I have done extensive simulations using distributed coupling that shows that
one can increase the clearance between secondary and primary and then be
able to raise the primary wrt the secondary before getting racing arcs and
achieve a greater overall coupling without racing arcs then when the primary
is close to the secondary.  The traditional concept requires the primary to
be lowered wrt the primary to avoid racing arcs and the overall coupling
suffers.   The idea is to achieve a more uniform coupling distribution then
what is traditionally done.  Please see the following writeups when
hot-streamer is up again:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/temp/GerryReynolds/A_search_for_a_better_primary[1:3].pdf

You will need to go to the GerryReynolds directory first to see the real
document names.  I cant access it right now because hot-streamer is down,
but there are three parts and the names given are based on memory.

Gerry R.