RE: Large Pulse Capacitors for sale from The Geek Group (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:28:11 -0400
From: Chris Boden <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Large Pulse Capacitors for sale from The Geek Group (fwd)

I don't know the measurements of individual sections, but I think I kept a
couple from when we dismantled that one. I'll see if I can find out.

If you want one in pieces, I'll do it, but it's gonna cost you. It's a
filthy, smelly job that I'm sure I'll get suckered into doing myself, lol.
The oil they're filled with is particularly nasty to smell, and it's NOT fun
to take a bath in it.

It's one of those things that you only do for fun *once*.

Also, I know nothing about the connection structure of individual cells.
Only that there's a LOT of solder involved and some big copper strapping. I
can dismantle them without damaging the cells. But it's up to you to figure
out how to wire the beasties up. I would also recommend you only use them
under oil as they're obviously meant to be submerged.

Just beware....they stink, and the oil gets everywhere.

Chris Böden
President
The Geek Group / Applied Intellect
www.thegeekgroup.org