Suggested values Spread sheet or PDF (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:17:12 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Suggested values Spread sheet or PDF

Hello all,

I think it would be neat and entirely useful if someone ( may exist and I
don't know it) could state the optimum figures for coil modeling given a set
of variables. What I mean is say the K of the sec coil - larger is better or
range? Self inductance and capacitance surely forms the resonance of an
unloaded coil? Most of us still in the hard knocks school know that K
between .13 -.18 is good and mutual inductance as well as primary
inductance- higher is better. Is there any help in Java 10 that addresses
the more obscure item details so we have something a little more tangible to
shoot it. Even a list would help. Other issues "top load reduction
percentage" "sec coil reactance" does this change when a terminal is
attached. Medhurst K, Medhurst self Cap! ( obvious to some to the point that
you may not realize that the figures are just calculations. and not well
understood, by some of us. Worth some discussion. Maybe I need to browse the
archive stacks.

Otherwise JavaTC Rocks! I'll force myself into 10, but I have no surrounding
objects Do I leave those fields blank?

Jim Mora

If we want a high Q coil, all these items come into play, yes? Is there a
calc for Q? Still learning how much I don't know.by learning more of course.
Thanks for your patience! I am starting to get a vision of what happens when
you press down on some part of the pillow, and what will rise.