Re: Calling all TESLAPHILES GO see the new movie "THE PRESTIGE" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:36:30 -0700
From: Teslacoil Workshop <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Calling all TESLAPHILES GO see the new movie "THE PRESTIGE"

Way to go Nick!

I think that CG is just too entrenched in Hollywood and that the safety and
insurance issues make practical effects harder and harder to do. Jackie
Chan, in an interview last week, said that he much prefers shooting overseas
because Hollywood is overly "insurance" conscious and that stunt
coordinators concentrate on what can go wrong as opposed to how to make it
go right (same effort and intended outcome but with a different
perspective). That was one of our reasons for partnering with Artbeats for
the DVD release; we'd rather "join them" and provide CG artists with better
looking tools rather than "fight them" waiting for them to "rediscover"
practical effects (more realistic, less expensive).

As we all continue to act in a professional, self-regulating manner with a
paramount emphasis on safety, someday, the pendulum will swing back. In the
meantime, Tesla seems to be making a comeback. ;-)

Keep us posted Nick...

Jeff at kVA