Re: PIRANHA - New Top Load Configuration

Hi,

BTW - Steve clued me in on a very similar thing done by Alan Sharp (near bottom of page):

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/burnt/index.html

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/burnt/turbotriodal.jpg

Of course, people have been using large spheres for 106+ years. But now with gazing balls being so plentiful, well made, and relatively cheap, we can sort of "reinvent" the sphere terminal ;-))

Even if one uses four big 20 inch spheres at $170 each (~700 total) that is still much cheaper than a 20x60 toroid! A 20 inch sphere should hold off 760kV!!

Cheers,

        Terry