RE: Egg Circuit Revisited - A Solid State Driver

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,

>     Should be no problem finding suitable
> MOSFETSof almost any voltage and power rating at
> very reasonable prices.  Look up the IRC HEXFET's in Mouser or Digikey.
> As for
>
> "double the circuit and invert the gates on the second set of MOSFETs
> which
> should mimic two phase AC. Of course this will be a square wave output,
> but
> I don't think the egg will mind."
>
> not sure what you mean.  The two signals need to
> be 90° out of phase, not 180°.  I'm not a logic
> circuit designer but should be easy to start with
> a 120 Hz square wave source and combine the
> outputs to get the desired square wave drive signals.

I see what you mean... I was mistaken here. I've been searching for a
circuit to get me the 90 degree offset and I found this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.design/
browse_thread/thread/ce76091b8b756466/f0883328b404e351

(You'll have to paste this together)

I think out of all the posts, I like the 6th message from the top which
suggests a dual JK flip flop to divide a quadrupled frequency source into
two forths 90 degrees out of phase. I am going to gather some parts to
experiment with this and see if I can make it work.

Thanks,
Cameron