Re: Validating the 'Tesla Effect' and retardation

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> The scientific method requires that mathematical models be developed  in
> an attempt to describe and explain the "Tesla Effect" that has  been
> observed by a number of people on this list and elsewhere.
     Many people observe many things.
     Sometimes the accurate description is different
     than it seems.

> I don't agree with you at all.  Validation of the Tesla Effect in my
> mind will be accomplished when even the smallest amount of electrical
> energy transmitted by a Tesla coil RF transmitter is detected using a
> grounded Tesla receiving transformer while at the same time the
> energy is undetectable using a radio antenna connected to a sensitive
> radio receiver at the same location.
        Reasonable.
        How is it to be done?

> The separation  between the TC transmitter site and the receiving  site
> has to be a multiple wavelength distance.  The radio antenna  must NOT
> be grounded to the earth.  Ideally it would be a vertical  1/2-wave
> dipole, perhaps incorporating loading coils, suspended in  free space
> from a helium balloon.  The radio receiver would be a
> small battery powered cross-band transposer, say 137 kHz to 224
> MHz.  Alternatively the radio antenna could be a vertical 1/4-wave
> base-loaded monopole positioned directly above an elevated, insulated
> counterpoise.  A third option, and probably the easiest to construct,
> would be a horizontal 1/2-wave dipole with loading coils.
     I'm assuming a 'transposer' is a description of a 'repeater'
     which detects the 'Tesla' signal and passes that fact to
     an observer via conventional radio link.
     It is interesting to note that the 'Tesla Receiver'
     described above will detect CONVENTIONAL RF just fine,
     and respond to that.

> The Tesla receiving transformer could be passive and incorporate a  low
> aspect ratio helical resonator.  Alternatively, the receiver
> could be an identical TC RF transmitter synchronized with the distant
> energy source and having a phase shifting network so the phase
> relationship between the two oscillators can be adjusted.
    Which willl detect and respond to conventional RF just fine.
    Note that ungrounded RF receivers are used all the time,
    eg aircrtaft, satellites, etc....

    best
     dwp