Re: Neon Speaker rings new update.

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: mercurus2000 <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

They're neon tubes with a phosphor coating on the inside of the glass to give a blue glow, they have the same ionizing energy as neon.
Tesla list wrote:

Adam,

Thanks very much for offering these things!  I'm in the middle of moving
so I was only able to do a quick test but sure enough I got the blue
neon glow I was hoping for."

Blue isn't exactly the color one expects from neon, but rather a bright orange red. Are these really neon filled or has neon become a generic name for gas discharge lamps just as "transistor" seems to mean "transistor radio" these days?

Ed
Just about what I thought, although I'd have expected an Argon fill rather than Neon.

Ed