Re: TC Ozone Mold Killer

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You can make your own ozone generator for approx $30. Old NST, large one gallon surplus jar with alum. foild inside and outside approx 80% the length of the jar, and a few HV microwave diodes to produce the DC current. This will wipe out any mold or mildew in the base. Caution --- excessive ozone is carcinogenic. Only run it for 30-45 minutes and then unplug it at a distance. Set the jar on a piece of plastic to insulate it from ground, connect the diodes, and then connect the 20 kV DC to the outside and inside foils on the jar.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 5:58 PM
Subject: RE: TC Ozone Mold Killer

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gary:

Ozone is very effective at killing mildew.  You can buy relatively
inexpensive ozone generators for $100.  I have one that I use on my boat
when it is layed up in the winter.  I can dig up the info it you want
it.  These generate ozone at the ppm level for controlling/preventing
mildew.  Contact me off list if you want info - better yet....

Your TC will work even better, but be careful ozone is not good for
humans either so run for a few minutes and then let the ozone diffuse.
I'll bet if you ran the coil for only a few minutes per day you will see
an effect on your problem.  Make sure you dry the place out.  I'm afraid
that any drywall that got wet must be removed and the studs will need to
be bleached.  The mold/mildew trapped in the walls will force you to
open the walls.  The surface of the walls is not the problem.  The wet
drywall grows mildew within the gypsum.  Cut a piece out and you will
see the black mildew within the board.

Note that your TC will generate a massive quantity of ozone-way more
than any device you can afford to likely purchase.

Mark