Re: TC Ozone Mold Killer

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You're probably right, tho I've never tried to kill mold with ozone. A quieter approach would be to use a homemade grid (like in a bug zapper) along with a hvdc source (20kv+) with a box fan blowing on the grid. Plenty of ozone if the electrodes are close enough to cause corona without arcing. What I'd be worried about is ozone might be more toxic than the mold it kills. It also rusts/corrodes metal alot quicker than just getting it wet (murder on electronic equipment I'd think).

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:32 PM
Subject: TC Ozone Mold Killer

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Has anyone tried using their Tesla Coil inside the house to kill mold?

I have read ozone permently kills mold better than chlorine bleach and vingar. Not sure that is true. I had a broken water pipe in the wall it has caused a bad mold problem in the house. The walls are green in 3 bedrooms, bathroom, laundary room, hall, living room. I painted the walls with laundry bleach with a paint roller it seemed to kill the mold for a few weeks but now the mold smell has returned. I can not see mold on the walls any more but the smell is so bad we can not stand to be in the house.

There are several companies that sell ozone generators, tiny table top models for $1000.00, guaranteed to kill mold. I checked one out it is just a high voltage transformer producing a 1/8" spark across a tiny spark gap with a tiny box fan that circulated room air over the spark gap. $1000 sounds like a rip off to me. I bet my 4" TC will produce more ozone in 30 seconds than that $1000 ozone generator will produce all day.

Does anyone know anything about killing mold with ozone?