Re: High Speed Streamer Pictures - Even more

Original poster: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

That's an impressive and clever feat of instrumentation; Congratulations!

One feature that seems to be apparent from your pics is that the light output of the arc is highly non-linear vs. current. That is, the arc intensity seems to occur over a relatively short period of the current haversines. Is that true, or am I not reading the time scales correctly?

-GL

Hi,

As I look though the pictures... For streamer buildup and strike, these are good ones:

http://drsstc.com/~streakcam/pictures/32/PA090046b.JPG  (positive)

http://drsstc.com/~streakcam/pictures/32/PA090023b.JPG  (negative)

This shows a lot of "post strike" activity:

http://drsstc.com/~streakcam/pictures/32/PA090039b.JPG

Some show an odd 2X Fo feature usually before the main strike:

http://drsstc.com/~streakcam/pictures/32/PA090024b.JPG

Here is a "4X Fo" pre-strike feature:

http://drsstc.com/~streakcam/pictures/32/PA090037b.JPG

The current shows them up easily....

Peter first found these higher than FO features... Maybe a 2nd, 3rd, 4th... harmonic effect or something... I think his higher light sensitivity pictures show them better... I can't keep track of all my pictures, let alone his too ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry

Hi All,

Very busy day today!!

Many questions, but not a lot of answers :o))

First the easy stuff... Peter was wondering if my Streak Oscilloscope's bandwidth was "ok" since some of the readings looked different than one would expect... .....