Stiff 24kv DC Power Supply, Filter Caps

Hello All,

I'm trying to plan the final stages of my 3 phase, 6 pulse full wave rectified PS @24 KV probably able to output close to 1 amp. I can't say for sure as the transformer is not rated in the schematic. This brute had (6) 8020 tubes They run comfortly at 300ma according to some tube dealers I emailed. These will be replaced with 6ea per vacuum tube at 1.4 amp x 7500 PRV diodes mounted in the tank under oil. Fairly simple: imagine 12 stacked diodes pointed in the same direction and center taped by one leg of the transformer The top of each of the 3 stacks are tied together for positive; likewise the bottoms are tied together for negative. Pretty clean as these diodes have studs and females on the anode. They simply screw together :-^)

Having said all that, here's my question: I have a 1mf 40kv bank (with bleeders) and a 4mf 40kv bank(with bleeders) full bleed time will be necessarily one minute because of the power involved. The power supply has a 150H (R=800ohms) Filter Choke on the output.

I can't remember, from way back, which side of the choke gets the larger value of capacitance. I'm certain that it effects the ripple cancellation. I do seem to remember that the cap ratio was 8 to one; but, this is already lethal enough, so 4 is good for me. Can anybody give me some guidance taking into consideration the gap running asynchronously (maybe a misnomer in DC) and the primary cap drain at various BPS'???

As Always, Thanks for your help,
Jim Mora