Re: Main spark gap across one or both transformer legs?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 10/3/06 8:18:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

You are the first person to tell me about this rule.... everywhere
else I have read it says resonant. "

  As long as you set the safety gap short enough you won't get in
trouble with smaller capacitors.  My advice would be to use whatever
you have, set the safety gap to "almost fire" with nothing connected
to the transformer, and give it a try.  Others may disagree.

Ed

You can start with any size cap that works for you, but I can guarantee that the one you have to replace it with WILL be LTR ;^)

Matt D..