Re: Pre-flight check......

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>

Hey Glen....

your system "looks" good didnt pay attention to the wiring but I did notice one issue that over time may give you problems...

your safety gap ( all 3 mounts)... is mounted directly to the wood base. Even tho wood is "insulative" to a degree, at 12KV it isnt so insulative... with enuf humidity, wood becomes conductive and you could end up with internal arcing thru the grain which will eventually carbonize creating a low resistant path and a loss of power or non working coil.... and maybe even a smoldering base assembly :)~

if you can, find some high density polyethelyne plastic ( white plastic cutting boards are an option) , cut it to size, stack it to 1+" and remount the safety gap making sure there is no metal to wood connections...

other than that, good looking coil for a first time effort....

Scot D