Re: More wattage?

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm afraid not. for NST's the VOLTAGE must be the same for running in parallel.
Mike

Original poster: russell dischar

I currently have a 15kv 30ma transformer hooked up to my coil. I also
have a 9kv 30ma transformer. Can i run these in parallel for more
wattage. also if this wont work is there anyway to up my wattage.
thanks

Russ

Mike is mistaken. You CAN run NST's of unequal voltage in parallel, although yours is an extreme case and it's probably not a good idea.. What happens depends on the load. In your case if the load is a short circuit (zero voltage drop) the load current will be 60 ma, the sume of the outputs of the two transformers. As you reduce the load (increase the impedance) the current in the 9 kV transformer will decrease faster than that of the 15 kV transformer. When the load voltage is 9 kV the 9 kV transformer won't be putting out any current. On an open circuit the 15 kV transformer will actually be pumping current into the 9 kV one. I've run a 9 kV 60 ma in parallel with a 12 kV, 60 ma and the combo worked just fine.

Ed