Re: x-rays from TC capacitors?!!!

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 11/27/06 12:33:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>So I seal up the edges of the foil on the glass/saltwater cap, then run it
>for awhile.  Sure enough, the purple glow from between the foil and glass
>changes color after a few minutes.  Becomes greyish.  Maybe even greenish.

FWIW, two years ago a TCML member expressed interest in research about the "Color Fades in Discharges":

<http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2004/Dec/msg00154.html>http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2004/Dec/msg00154.html

    Not sure if the chemistry behind this was ever adequately explained.

-Phil LaBudde

I've observed similar effects to those described here (discharge colors start as pink and blue and end up greenish grey) but am certain it was due to contamination of the air and not "burning" of it. In my experience, with a clean system the effect he reports doesn't happen.

Ed