From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 8:35 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Big MMC, final question

Hello All,

I'm going to begin construction of the 396 CD.15 capacitor mmc soon, I have
properly sized bare crimps for the two resistor junction, and the caps which
will be carefully crimped then soldered with silver bearing solder. I'll
slide a small diameter Teflon tube over the resistor splice. I'll try to
make these like an assembly line, cutting the leads to length, bending the
resistors, Etc. I'll fully assemble a few to get the hang of it and
determine if tinning is needed first (-f and plain) (and get the lead
lengths).

This cap will be comprised of 18 strings of 22ea .15 CD caps for a total of
.123uf. The fist layer will be fixed at .06uf. The second layer will have
each row detachable for multiple cap sizes. Here's my question:

I would like to make the lexan plates ~22" long and 12" wide. This would
accommodate 9 strings in a upright configuration. The plates would then be
stood upright long-ways with stand off spacers to coerce cooling. I would
stager the cap joints so there would be no mutual inductance, something like
this:

  |_| |_|

Since these are adjacent, this would tend to cancel the mutual inductance,
yes? This is not the serpentine rows suggested, although they are still
strings in series which will cancel the overall inductance. Is this a poor
or a good design?

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora