Re: Pool Pig...

Original poster: <chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Greg. This is comforting. I have a buddy that works in the electric utility business. They are the folks that sub-contract replacing the end of shelf life poles and stuff like that. He tells me he can get me a 10 or 15kva pole pig pretty easy. He said that about all of them are the 7200 volt variety.

With all of this said, can I just build a say 8 1/2" dia. X 48" secondary with about 1200-1400 turn of 20-24awg wire on it and then lay down 10-15 turns of copper tube say 24" diameter 1/2" apart, hook a couple of .03uf X 30KV maxwell caps in, hook it to my pole pig, do some tweaking and create lightning? ;^P

See attached photo...
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/variac-0a.jpg