RE: need some capacitor help

Cool!

Find a combination of caps that gives you 13300 pF (13.3nf) or close. Go a little higher if needed.

0.1 inch gap spacing is a little high, but reduce the number of sections if it is not firing.

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/terrygap.jpg

The larger capacitance should stop the cap arcing and then it should all work fine.

There are also a bunch of formulas and such at:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/FormulasForTeslaCoils.pdf

Cheers,

        Terry