Re: Possible Sale CD .15 caps - new, inductance ?

Original poster: Tim S <stm800@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "Steve Ward"

<snip>

As to the soldering iron. Provided you use a decent iron, a single
tip should last you. My $40 weller station had the same tip for
~2years of frequent use. Anyway, i know what you meant ;-).

Steve

yeah using standard 60/40 mixture of solder.
be prepared for trouble using ROHS compliant 96% tin though.
here are some of my tips so to speak.
don't use a wet anything to wipe the crud off the soldering iron tip!
the dampness shocks the iron clad and then it destroyes itself with out anyone's help. i use copper bare copper wool or you can buy what cooper tools have for replacement wool,though it is not copper.
cooper tools bought up weller.
sometimes my tip lasts weeks using this method.

on an other note....one would think that they would make a tip to withstand the ROHS compliant solder 96%tin mixture,not iron/clad..for the tips.
tips cost but buing a good tip would stand longer of abuse.

does anyone have any experience knoledge please start a thread or email me directly...tim