Re: High K lower pole tuning DRSSTC (fwd)

Original poster: "Jimmy Hynes" <jphynes@xxxxxxxxx>

The detuning problem due to streamer loading continue to exist. It's
not important to have exact notches. It's enough to have the input
current ceasing to grow, and this happens even with large changes in
the output load. You shall really tune the system with the driver
frequency set to somewhat below the ideal, because capacitive streamer
using the lower pole may be due to this.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Yeah, the notches can still give you some benifit, but I don't think
it's worth tuning open loop for the uncoupled resonant frequency
anymore. Using primary feedback with a detuned (tuned low for
streamers) primary will give you mostly the lower pole, but it does
drive the higher pole to some extent, and gives some beating.

Steve Ward's DRSSTC II makes use of that, as does my little DRSSTC. My
little DRSSTC actually uses the second notch as a convenient place to
end the burst, but it's not all important.