Re: PIRANHA - New Top Load Configuration

Hi Terry,

I was thinking that if you raised your dragon a little, maybe you could have a fire spitting dragon :o))

Gerry R

Pictures are cool!!!

Hi All,

My PIRANHA SISG coil with the sphere top terminal is getting about done. I just need to work some on the wiring and tuning still.

The whole coil is looking like this:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-001.JPG

Pretty close to the concept :-)

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-2-Concept.jpg

The secondary will eventually be coated with Envirotex. and the top of the base will have a thin cosmetic cover so the primary and guts are hidden.

The top terminal seems to work very well!

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-002.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/BallTest-1.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/BallTest-2.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/BallTest-3.JPG

The last picture there is the corona off the top of the secondary under the terminal at 300kV peak. It will not breakout even at that voltage ;-) Things might need a little adjustment there but nothing bad.

The dragons are cute and the primary deck worked out well:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-003.JPG

The primary coil is actually under the sheet of acrylic and held by four brackets glued on with 'Weld-On' acrylic cement. The coil is just insulated #4 wire:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-004.JPG

The turn to turn voltage is not super high so the coil will be just wound tight in the brackets.

I just transferred the SISG guts to a new base board the fits the new case:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-005.JPG

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-Const-006.JPG

So it really is coming together now ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry

Hi All,

I got a lot of real parts in now.

For the top load, everything is in but I need to oversize the existing holes and mount the slide shafts into the spheres:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/BigSpheres.JPG

The dragons also arrived today.  Four for the corners, and one up top ;-)

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/Dragons.JPG

Also got the box gluing up:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/BoxGlue.JPG

So it really will turn out pretty close to the concept:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PIRANHA-2-Concept.jpg

There is also a new "official release" of ScanTesla 8.10 at:

http://drsstc.com/~scantesla/scantesla810.zip

Very busy....

Cheers,

        Terry