Re: A combined Pancake and Conical Secondary Coil - in operation!

Hi Jeff,

That is so cool! I enjoy it when "odd" looking coils are built and shared with the list. I've noticed the past 2 or 3 years, coilers are starting to build coils outside the norm and this one is certainly, way out there. It's very refreshing to see this type of creativity. Thanks for sharing it.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Jeff Behary" <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey all,
Here is a horse of-a-different-color that makes wonderful sparks and everyone can try at home. All that's needed is a 10 pack of cash register paper from Office Depot, 10 wax toilet rings from Home Depot, and an old glass light fixture. Total cost for this coil is less than $25 and it works really well...

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2006/JacksonCoilTesting/index.htm

Originally from 1904, a development of TB Kinraide and Howard Jackson. Be sure to scroll down the page to see what happens if there isn't enough insulation (wax)...

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

___