Re: Racing Spark Prediction

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Gerry.

> Original poster: "Gerry  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Dmitry,
> Hope I got it spelled correctly :-))

i don`t use it, so it just can`t be wrong (for me) : )

> Im thinking with normal coupling in the TC, there are two
> fundamental frequences (aka frequency split).  These beat with each
> other with a frequency that is the difference between the two
> fundamentals.

you may be told that there is a single (f1+f2)/2 frequency, modulated
with (f2-f1)/2, but just run any simulator to see that is not.

> Normally, this frequency is low and the waveforms
> decay before the completion of the first period of the
> beat.  However, if the sparkgap doesnt quench, energy sloshes back
> and forth between the secondary and primary and doesnt decay fast
> enough for the beat to occur.

when two circuits are coupled, secondary gets _new_ resonance
frequency f2=fo/sqrt(1-k), so what problem do you see in beating?
i see none.