Re: Max Anode V -new

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Rich,

> Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> If you are looking for tubes that will take HV I have some C1583A ,
> made by E2V . They have a max voltage of 30Kv , and run a voltage of
> 20Kv. You can pulse them at 8Kw, run 100% time at 650w , and the
> filament is the standard 5v@14 amp . They look like a 3-500Z.
> You might try something like the above. What are you going to use them
for??
> Also an old work horse of a 4-1000A  can take 6000Vdc and above all day
long.

I don't particular want high voltage. I want high peak power and pushing the
supply voltage is one of the ways to achieve it.
I am building a pulsed one tube VTTC and I believe high peak power is the
way to long sparks.
The GU6B was an impulse buy from ebay as it was going cheap for $27 even
with shipping only $62.
If I had have had a free selection I would have picked a tube with a higher
peak power.
I would also like to be able to use it in a induction heating rig (perfect
for that)
When I was a young lad, some time back now, I saw a demonstration of an
induction heating machine.
The demonstrator placed a 1cm cube of metal in a short solenoid attached the
induction heater.
The presumably ferromagnetic cube remained suspended in the coil and tumbled
a  round while it started to glow.
As it got white hot and final reached the curie temperature when it suddenly
fell from the solenoid in to a container of water.
It may have had a timer to cut the power or even a DC current to help
suspend it.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400