Re: Defibrillator

Original poster: Shaun Epp <scepp@xxxxxxx>

.01 uF doesn't sound right, nowhere near enough energy to do any good. All the ones I've seen at work have 34uF 5Kv caps to deliver upto 360 joules. The Automated Electronic Defibrillators (AEDs) that I've heard of use upto 200 joules biphasic. I'm not sure what voltage or size of capacitor they have in them.

Shaun Epp

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: Defibrillator

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>

the one I took apart ( with the assistance of a friend) had a 3KVDC .01uf cap in it..... and a really nice diflourosulfide?/methane(?) spark gap ( which blew up and turned the interior aluminum parts a lovely purple) (( the reason why we took it apart stunk like all heck broke loose))

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Johnathan,

Yes the burns from a pig one may not want to survive, yet the line is
carrying far more current, not that it would matter much.

Staying on topic, I was thinking more about 240 or 440 accidents which occur
more frequently.

It would be nice to have one in every household, especially past fifty! Say
how big of cap/V is in those? Any know?

Jim Mora