Re: New coiler, also in search of 15kv

Original poster: "Chris Farmer" <cfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well I wouldn't say that - I just bought a 15kV 60mA fransformer NST off ebay for 15 bucks with 15 dollar shipping. I looked for them new and for a smilar item it was over 100.

~Farmer

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: New coiler, also in search of 15kv

At 09:31 PM 5/5/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi, I too am planning to build a tesla coil over the summer. While ebay is alright, the bidding wars can cause major headaches. Does anyone have a NST @ 15KV, 30 or better yet 60ma they would be willing to sell?

-Drake in Memphis

Folks.. I'm not sure eBay is a good way to buy a neon sign transformer. They're heavy, and by the time you add in shipping, you might be better to just buy one brand new from a local distributor. A cursory glance shows several 15kV/30mA transformers for about $40-45 plus another $10 in shipping plus another buck or two in insurance. There's another one that is $60+$25 shipping.