Fw: Grounding of HV Transformer.

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Bart.

> Looks pretty cool!  If your using mains ground and have no RF ground,
> then every time you get a primary strike (or even when the current
> gets high), you can certainly be zapped. You need a dedicated ground
> for RF.
Of course I use a RF ground, but only for the base of the secondary at
this time, but that can be easily changed.

> Tie the core (sec) to RF ground. Your inner primary and
> bottom secondary should also be tied to RF ground.
Does this mean additionally to RF ground, connecting mains and RF ground
at the transformer? One end of the primary must be mains ground, as there
is noe isolation transformer between mains and HV xformer input.
Or are you referring to the TC itself with "inner primary and secondary"...
I guess so... so I will have to move the cap from one end of the RSG to
the other to get the connections right.

> This will help
> keep the spikes off of mains ground and will reduce your shocking
> experience. Don't change your cap configuration. It's set up ok as is.
I think we meints the same. Currently the HV connects across the RSG,
one end leading to the cap and then the inner end of the primary, the other
to the tap, so I will move the cap to the "tap" end.

Tanks for your advice

Christoph