Re: Setting up a pole pig's wiring

Yes, but there is no assumption. D.C. said "as the interior side of primary is at X1 (grounded) potential". That indicates, connecting X1 to ground. That is clear. I would however clarify ground as RF ground. I've been running this connection on my pig ever since David discussed with me a few years ago.

This is not something that can be done with an NST system where the hv winding is center-tap grounded. But, with a depotted NST, the center-tap to ground connection can then be removed and run the same way to minimize pri to sec stress.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 4/30/06 6:20:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>This produces less stress on the HF sec coil as the interior side of
>the primary is at X1 (grounded) potential.

Doesn't this assume that X1 is always the connection closest to the primary winding, or is this the convention with pole pigs? Otherwise it could make the situation worse?

-Phil LaBudde