Re: Power Arcing Was: SRSG questions

Hi Bart,

If you dont use a conductive ring, are you going thru 4 or 2 gaps. Im wondering if the number of gaps affects power arcing.

Gerry R

Power Arcing Question:

Has anyone noticed power arcing with RSG's when a conductive ring is not used? Just curious if this is a side affect contained only to conductive rings on the discs. I haven't experienced it and I don't use conductive rings.

Thanks,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

power arcing is when you really punch up the power and the arc that is created at the disc electrodes and the stationary electrodes continue to transfer electricity even after the spinning ( disc) electrodes have gone past the point of "self exstinguishing" the present arc ... my SRSG employs a copper ring between the 4 disc electrodes and there are pit marks well beyond an inch past the electrode where the hi power arcs have traveled on the copper band..... but then again Im pushing close to 38KV thru my system at full throttle...

Scot D