RE: Dwell time, etc

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

In evaluating claims that adjusting dwell time may produce longer
sparks, one should remember that terms "dwell" and "quench" are
frequently misunderstood and misused.  I can't imagine how one might
adjust the dwell time of an RSG short of replacing it completely with a
different RSG.  Perhaps such claims were actually referring to the phase
of a sync RSG?  I apologize if I've underestimated the validity of said
claims, but in a forum where what shape constitutes a sphere is in
dispute, it's vital to be clear on terminology if we're to make any
headway.

Gary Lau
MA, USA