RE: No frills small Tesla coil

Original poster: Aaron Banerjee <spam_proof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've had good luck building the circuit described in Walt Noon's "How To
Build a 40,000 Volt Induction Coil".  Several years ago when I bought it,
it was a very cheap ($4.95) book available from Lindsay Publications (they
have online ordering).

Basically, the circuit was a driver for an auto ignition coil that uses a
555 chip and a power transistor to energize the auto igniton coil.  I used
it for hipot testing on PC boards.  The book is easy to follow.  The
circuit is easily modified to suit your need.

         - Aaron Banerjee