Re: Aluminum Sphere for sale

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 3/17/06 9:29:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Most people on the TC list improvise by collecting and using JUNK to
save money.  I am a pack rat and I collect too much junk.   EXACT
english or wording my be expected or demanded by some but not by
everyone.   Sphere in this case is just a figure of speech.   Webster
dictionary says a sphere is round.   My sphere is egg shaped.  If you
don't want one fine I couldn't care less.

Hi Gary,

You're right, the improper use of terms is a problem only for those who know the difference. Fortunately for the current ilk, we who care about communicating ideas accurately are a dying breed that will probably be extinct within a generation or two. In the meantime, calling and ovoid (egg-shaped object) a sphere is NOT a figure of speech, it's just sloppiness.
(It could be acute astigmatism)

Matt D.