Re: Concerns about Silicone

Hi Curt,

Silicone rubber is fine. I used it to end cap the top of the coil. However, I has a hole in the end cap for a support column for the toroid so no trapped gases. If you have only one solid baffel in your form, you wont trap any bad gasses and things should be just fine.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm thinking about using a couple of dabs of silicone
to affix the end caps of my secondary, but am
concerned that the dielectric might be bad.  I'd like
to use something that remains flexible so that I could
remove the cap if necessary.

I've also heard that out-gassing occurs as it dries
and that the residue might be of concern if it
condenses on the inside of the coil.

Need I worry about using this material in a coil?

Thanks,

Curt.