3/4 wave coil?

Original poster: Chris Estes <estescc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I had an interesting idea this morning as I was still half asleep. In a
normal 1/4 wave coil the secondary is energised at an anti-node at the
base of the coil by the primary and a voltage node is created in the
top load 1/4 of a wavelength away. Would it be possible to gain a
better energy transfer from tank to secondary without overcoupling by
having a 3/4 wavelength long secondary with 2 primaries at the 2
anti-nodes? Has anyone ever tried this before?