RE: Geek Group Amassing Parts For New Coil

Original poster: "Chris Boden" <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't intend on winding the full 20' lengths of pipe, obviously.

What I do intend on doing is building the largest PVC pipe coil that I can.
Because the vast majority of coilers use simple PVC pipe (it's just not 2'
thick).

If all I wanted was "a 20' tall coil" I'd be going open frame with a
truckload of Sitka.

Perhaps I'll do that next, but I'll need more acreage for that.

Right now, I wanted to use pipe. I just wanted to use *big* pipe. I'd like
to hold the record for largest PVC coil.

Now, I'm still amassing parts for this, we've had the pipe for months. I
have no idea what the actual final design will be and I'm still entertaining
several possibilities. I don't even know if it'll be AC or DC or SSTC or
whatnot yet.

Because that's not my problem ;)

My job is to provide the lab, the tools, the parts, the sponsorship, and the
resources to let guys you let come together and build incredible toys like
this as a team.

Now, if you'd like to come join the Group, you're welcome to be a part of
the project team (as are all of the members here, even the ones that send me
the happy fan mail). The Geek Group is open to all who have a sincere and
passionate desire to learn, and membership is still free.

You guys are welcome to post thoughts, ideas, and speculation on the coil
though. I'll take the time to read any suggestions but I simply do not have
the time to sit and read and reply to the TCML everyday.

Things are kinda busy around Kalamazoo these days ;)

Though I think I will be poking my head into the TCML more often. If for no
other reason then to see the familiar names of old friends and people who
have been hero's to me for many years. And also some of my biggest fans who
have wasted no time at all in emailing me, telling me how much they loved
and missed me.

Thanks guys :)

Chris Böden
President