RE: JAVATC vs WinTesla

Original poster: "Derek Woodroffe" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greg,
	I can t explain all of the anomalies, but I suspect the biggest
difference between the two is the capacitance of the top load.

JavaTc gives a much more accurate figure for the top load that includes its
close surroundings. WinTesla assumes a free space topload. It is quite
possible that the loser frequency given by JavaTC is because of the wall to
topload calculations giving a higher top load capacitance.

There is no way to tell for sure unless you look at all of the values for
all of the calculated parameters e.g.
Top load capacitance, Secondary Inductance, primary inductance, primary
capacitance etc.  given by both programs this should give you some pointers
to where the differences are.

JavaTc is the more accurate model. If in doubt and you are sure of all of
your parameters, then trust that one.

	Cheers
		Derek

Specifically the most far-off value was the frequency for the Secondary
circuit; WinTesla tells me it is around 362kHz, whereas JAVATC suggests a
more conservative 246kHz. That is quite a difference. I have double and
triple checked my inputs, yet these discrepancies persist. Curiously the
Primary circuit, while still off somewhat (200kHz for W.T. vs. 232 kHz for
J.T.C.) the values are much closer, and WinTesla suggests it is lower than
JAVATC, rather than higher, unlike for the Secondary.

Thanks,
Greg