Re: Reducing tank capacitance

Original poster: Rich Simpson <richcreations@xxxxxxxxx>

For a 15kv/60ma neon transformer, .015uf is plenty larger then
resonant, and as the chart terry linked to states for your
transformer, you can get away with one string of 10 caps to get that
value, you will be pushing the voltage ratings a little, but they can
take it... I believe this is the configuration most people use with a
15kv/60ma coil, and is a lot cheaper...

-Rich