Re: rolled Cap Blowout

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Adriano

Rolled capacitors are a bummer. Flat plate capacitors work nicely if
you keep the pile under compresssion. 100,000 volts is a reasonable
(minimum) rating.

Capacitors that are pushed hard live very short lives. (the curve is
not even close to linear)

Synthetic motor oil may be killing your dialectric. I use mineral oil,
but transformer oil would be better choice.

I avoid solvents and "strange chemicals", I have seen far to many
aircraft painters with profound memory loss and tremors.

Sincerely: Jared Dwarshuis