Re: DRSSTC Tuning Paper (Rough Draft)

Original poster: "James Zimmerschied" <zimtesla@xxxxxxx>

Bart,
I measured the coil to obtain the geometry. I ran the coil to find the tune point.
Here are the coil parameters:
secondary:
radius 1 =2
radius 2 =2
height 1 = 49
height 2 = 61.5
turns = 900
wire awg = 28

primary:
radius 1 = 5.5
radius 2 = 5.5
height 1 = 46
height 2 = 48.7
auto tune on turns gave 4 actual 2.6 (see note below)
wire awg = 6
primary cap = 0.15

toroid #1: minor =6, major = 20, height = 42.5, topload

toroid #2: minor =7, major = 20, height = 50, topload

disk #1: inside =1, outside = 8, height = 42.5, topload

disk #2: inside = 0.01, outside = 20, height = 53.5, topload

Note that in my earlier e-mail I wrote 4.26 turns but was looking at the printout for a different configuration.

If you want more data than this I could scan the output and e-mail it to you.
Jim