SISG Testing

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

All:

I succeeded in doubling the impedence of the MOT's by replacing the
shunts with longer ones.  As a result the tank cap charges slower and
the SISG fires at a slower rate.  I will try and scope the coil this
weekend and determine the new SISG break rate.

Streamers are now up to 4 feet and can be seen at:

http://www.teslaboys.com/SISG/SISGStreamers/index.html

The last pic in the series shows the modified MOT's.  The long shunts
stick out both ends of the MOT's and are held in place by wooden wedges.

The MOT's had 4 to 6 ohms primary impedence with the standard shunts and
the secondary shorted.  With the modified shunts impedence increased to
~ 12 ohms.

Thus, whereas with the standard shunts the TC was drawing ~34 amps at
only ~50 VAC, with the shunt modification I now draw ~22 amps at 85 VAC.
This also allowed me to use (12) SISG circuits which get my SISG
threshold voltage up to 10.8 KV.

Now my plan is to increase the tank capacitor value(which will slow the
charging rate and SISG firing rate even more) and drop the current
additionally.  If that works, I will then push up the voltage some more
with additional SISG circuits.

I did not post the waveforms to the web yet, but plan to.

Making great progress in Chicago.

Mark