RE: What do I do ?

Original poster: "Rich & DJ" <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:36 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: What do I do ?

Original poster: "Rich & DJ" <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well I don't have much problems with current loops as my meters are with
in a few inches of my HV transformer, but I do have lots of RG8 and RG11
I could use. I do have a new question today for all you EE guys today.
Update on my set up I added a GE AC 300 volt panel meter. If you
remember before I said when the gap was starting to spark I was getting
a reading of about 140v with the cheap DVM.
I added the AC meter and have played with my inductive ballast. Now I am
at the point where I am up to about 190v at the input of the
transformer. The transformer is tapped at 208V in.
Try to hold at approx 8 to 10 amp amps, I can increase the voltage
reading by increasing the spark gap. Is this what I should be seeing ,
volts in, rise as the gap opens??
Next question , should I run a test , ramping up the voltage slowly when
I add the MMC and primary or wait until the secondary and top load is
complete?

Rich , from the middle of Missouri