Re: What do I do ?

Hi Gerry,

I'll try the twisted pair. If I manage to pull out the 8.5" coil for the 4th, I'll make this change and see if it helps. The RG8 is a good idea here for moderate to low power coils.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Bart,

I think a twisted pair would be a better solution. Maybe we ought to use RG8 coax :o)) I did improve my measurements by reducing the current loops but then again, I had some pretty large loops to begin with.

Gerry R.

Hi Gerry,

Regarding the H fields on amp meters: A couple years ago I rewired my control cabinet and routed the high current lines to and from the amp together, but this made no difference. They are routed side by side. Maybe a twisted-pair solution is necessary to reduce the H field influence?

Take care,
Bart