RE: inductor core, was Sizing capacitors

Hello Dr. R, et al.!

No, I did not coat 3/8 rod with varnish, the steel from my suppler seems to
be coated with something to resist rust. Furthermore, I believe the
agitation as the epoxy set helped to create minute, excellent insulation. My
controlled experiment had shown a 10 degree F and holding above ambient
temp. for twenty minutes into a 10 KW load. Someone requested pictures of
these and Terry posted them in a Temp dir. Has this been duplicated? The
inductance was also measured.

It seemed to me a fairly surprising large, more then I would cut, number of
these 3/8" rods symmetrically fit in a 3" tube. If memory serves right it
was fifty, but that may have been both tubes.

I defer to our math members to calculate the actual symmetrical number.

Long Streamers,
Jim Mora