Re: Safety Gap Firing

Original poster: otmaskin5@xxxxxxx Thanks Gerry for the reply. Going on what you say on the difference in geometry & there difference in Efield due to the safety gaps' small sized electrodes, I'm wondering whether I'd be better off constructing safety gaps that resemble my main spark gap - i.e., parallel Cu pipes.

My main gap seems pretty conservative at 0.18. I read about a lot of guys with similar NSTs running gaps 0.25 & sometimes higher. I'd hate to close down my main gap more than it already is & reduce performance if I If I could safely solve the problem by reconfiguring the safety gap. What do you think?

Dennis Hopkinton MA