To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: Sizing capacitors

Hi Dr. R, et al,

I made 2 of your 3" X 20" last year using 18" of #10awg solid wire and mild
steel 3/8 rods of this length cut by a local steel supplier(fairly cheap)
and using two part marine epoxy. I shook them around abit but they were
always vertical. Surprising, the core moved fairly easily after 1/2 hour of
set, no very freely inside the 3" sch 40 tubes. I drilled a bolt through the
bottom of 18" to prevent them from slipping and mounted them vertically
inside a network punch down cage. Hmmm. Very adjustable core.. and fairly
cheap to make. Pics and inductance and minor temp rise @ 10KW  with static R
240v are in the archives or maybe Terry will need to bring them back. Thanks
Terry, I want to use these on the fourth.

Regards to all,
Jim Mora