Re: SMPS MWO IGBT Salvage

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have used them for a my ZVS supply running at 300W. Not only the IGBT's are used, but the transformer core, polyester caps, filter toroid, mains suppression and heat sink. I pick up these MO supplies in preference and certainly saves on an IGBT which might be $15 each new here. Never used them in a DRSSTC though.
http://tesladownunder.com/HighVoltage.htm#TV%20flyback%20HV%20supply%20300W
Peter

Original poster: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Recently interecepted about 30 MWO's from the repair shop before they were
dumped.
A quick look on the net suggests the IGBT's 1000v 60A fast types might be
useful in SISG or DRSSTC designs. Has anybody used  these as a source of
IGBT's for these circuits or knows these types have potential use for Teslas
..
Ted L in NZ