Re: Foam toroid?

Hi Ben,

A varient on this is to use a mold for half of the toroid (sliced like a bagel). Let it over fill and wipe the excess off before it cures at the top of the mold (midline of the toroid). Make two halfs and later glue them together. This removes the time factor of mounting the top half of the mold and one can see if the expanding foam is filling the bottom half. I wonder how hard it is to make the mold.

Gerry R.

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

I was thinking the stuff in cans might work, but the chemical gives you a little bit of time before it begins to expand.. probably enough to get two mold halves put together and secured.. the can stuff seems to expand right away and I don't know how well it would fill a mold with minimal air gaps.. better be quick with the cans I guess.. ;)