secondary burning

Original poster: "Vladimiro Mazzilli" <V.Mazzilli@xxxxxxx>

Hi All

For John Freau : I've built something like TT42 with primary wounded as spiral with 6awg cable fixed and tuned with capacitors and toroids S.G. is an RQSG and sparks reach the length of 39-40" . After few minutes of working the secondary begun to make arcing in the first 5" of height. I rewound the lost coil and cleaned the tube, there was no damage in the tube and kept the secondary more distant from base to reduce the K,
But the phenomena was almost present.

I think for an overcoupling or the polyurethane varnish cause loss of insulation?

The nst is 10kV 100mA with a MMC of 36nF.

Thank

Vladi